Oh, my! Who do I follow back? What do I do if they unfollow me? Who should I follow? Okay. Here are my rules.
1. Cutesy names and pictures of pretty women do not get a follow back, unless they have a bio, recent tweets and say something of value in those tweets. I have no clue why, but every week I get a follow by some knock babe with a name and that is all. Not sure what's the angle.
2. If I can't read the language, I do not follow back. Why should I? How in the heck would I know what they're saying?
3. I prefer a picture of someone. Not a part of the body. Not a pet. Not some abstract scene. The goal is to follow a person.
4. Having something in common is always nice.
5. Unfollow me and I'll unfollow back. Guaranteed.
6. If the follower/following count is low, I do not initiate the follow. Some people just want to be left alone. But I will follow back. Hey, we all started sometime.
7. If the follower ratio is a lot larger than the following, I hesitate. Either this person doesn't understand the concept of a social network, thinks they are too important or is important. On the latter I look for the check mark in a blue circle.
8. I hesistate when the followers and followings are in the tens of thousands. Gets me to thinking this is a collector.
9. Have any of the following in the bio or tweet and I do not follow back. Profanity. Perversion. Sexual innuendos.
10. People with follower and following ratios that are close or following a tad bigger are okay. These are people looking for twitter buddies.